The mine was sold to John C. Fane and the hoisting works and mill were rebuilt and the mine began to produce. The mine then sold again to a English company for $6,000. A 40 stamp mill was completed in 1872. This company actually spent more than they made
The Original Amador Consolidated Mines Company took over the mine in 1908. The Original Amador Mine closed for good in 1918 after having a better production year, the year before.