Located in Sutter Creek and extending north for one mile along the Mother Lode.In the 1860's the Lincoln was worked through two shafts and produced 3500 tons of ore per year. It lay idle until 1898 when it was reopened by the Lincoln Gold Mine Develpment Company.
By 1888 most of the high grade ore had been exhausted. Mining operation continied until the mine closed in 1919. From 1911 to 1919, the Keystone Mining Company operated the mine. and in 1920 the company gained control of the South Spring Hill mine adjining the Keystone property on the east side.
The Lincoln Mine, which was originally called the Union Mine, was established in 1851. It boasted one of the first stamp mills in the area, and showed a promising future early into exploration.