The Amador School House was constructed in two sections, between 1857 and 1879. It was constructed with two small classrooms and two large classrooms holding about 150 students and five teachers. Today City Government, the Community Center, and the School House Park are housed here.
Original Amador Mine
Often called the "Little Amador" the Original Amador Mine was discovered by Thomas Rickey and his son in and was opened in 1852. This was one of the first mines in Amador County to pay dividends.Total production on this mine was $3,500,000.
The Knights of Pythias was the first organization recognized by the Congress of the United States during the Civil War. In December of 1877 the 47th California Lodge of this fraternity was organized in Amador City. The wooden building survived the fire of 1878. This is now a private residence.
The Culbert House
This building was originally two houses, occupied by John Culbert's grandmother and her sister, circa 1870. The Culbert's were a pioneer family in ranching, logging, and mining.
Information, photographs courtesy of the Amador County Archives, The Historical Marker Database, and the Chronicling America Database