Eastern Shaft of the Wildman Mine located at the Post Office site. Used as an air chute and hoist shaft to dispose of waste rock later used to pave roads. The mine founded by William T. Wildman, circa 1851
The Wildman Mine Ruins stand starkly silhouetted against the background sky, atop a grassy knoll behind the old grammar school.
The crumbling stone walls are all that remain to mark the site of the Wildman mine's easternmost shaft, known as the Emerson. The Wildman mine, in combination with the Mahoney, is credited with a production of $5 million in gold.
The Wildman Mine Powder House - Next to Post Office in Sutter Creek
Information, photographs courtesy of the Amador County Archives, The Historical Marker Database, and the Chronicling America Database