AmadorGold Home and Info Amador CommunitiesOur Online ToursAmador County OutdoorsTravelers DestinationsOur Guestbook

Voorheis and Barney Chlorination Works, Sutter Creek, Amador County

The Sutter Reduction Works was established by Converse Garland. The operation was taken over by Garland's newphew, E. C. Voorheis, after his arrival in Sutter Creek in 1877.

By 1879, Earl Barney joined the business and the operation became known as the Voorheis and Barney Chlorination Works.

The Chlorination Works was located near the Lincoln Mine on Tucker Hill.

The Voorheis and Barney Chlorination Works being constructed.

Inside the operation of the Voorheis and Barney Chlorination Works.

Return to our Sutter Creek Tour or click on miner to end the tour



  • Alpine Mine
  • Amador Queen
  • Amador Star Mine
  • Amelia Mine
  • Anita Mine
  • Argonaut Mine
  • Balliol Mine
  • Bay State Mine
  • Belton Mine
  • Black Hill (Italian) Mine
  • Black Wonder Mine
  • Bunker Hill Mine
  • Christmas Mine
  • Clinton Mine
  • Central Eureka Mine
  • Defender Mine
  • Fern Mine
  • Ione Coal Mine
  • Jackson Gate Mine
  • Johnsen Copper Mine
  • Kennedy Mine
  • Keystone Mine
  • Leland Mine
  • Lincoln Mine
  • Lonesome Willow
  • Lucky Queen Mine
  • Manzanita Mine
  • Mahony Mine
  • Moore Mine
  • Motherlode Gold
  • Newton Mine
  • Nugget Mine
  • Onita Mine
  • Pathfinder Mine
  • Penn Mine
  • Peterson Mine
  • Pioneer Mine
  • Plymouth Mine
  • Red Hill Mine
  • Seaton Mine
  • Spring Hill Mine
  • Urzula Mine
  • Volcano Gold Mine
  • Weiland Mine
  • Wildman Mine
  • Zeile Mine