In 1880, a two-story frame addition was erected behind the hotel to accommodate an increase in clientele. The Imperial remained in
operation as a hotel until 1927..
Present innkeepers Bruce Sherrill and Dale Martin decided in 1988 to restore the hotel, and restaurant and full bar.
The art in the hotel is done by a local artist.
All graphics created and owned by Ray and Cheryl Herndon